The special event will launch the State of Food Security and Nutrition in the World 2020
The report contains the most recent and authoritative estimates of the extent of hunger, food insecurity, and malnutrition around the world.
Is the world on track to achieve Zero Hunger?
As the 2030 deadline looms, SOFI 2020 gauges whether #ZeroHunger remains achievable. It tracks countries’ performance and trajectory to offer a tiered assessment of the likelihood of success.
- Higher level of accuracy of the hunger estimates thanks to the availability of fresh data, including new population figures, new food balance sheets and updated household survey data for a range of populous countries, including China;
- Projections of what the number of undernourished people and several nutrition indicators may look like by 2030 under a continuation of trends;
- Preliminary assessment of COVID-19’s impact on food security, based on recent global economic outlooks;
- In-depth analysis of the cost and affordability of healthy diets around the world and the ability of food systems to deliver quality diets to the poorest and the most vulnerable;
- Policy recommendations to transform current food systems and make them able to deliver affordable healthy diets for all.