COVID-19 has brought to the light the fragility of our food systems and the importance to build resilience, especially for the most vulnerable, which are already feeling the biggest impact.
On 9 April, the UN Food Systems Summit 2021 and the SDG2 Advocacy Hub will host a twitter chat to help elevate food systems amid the COVID-19 pandemic. Gathering diverse voices, the twitter chat will explore the impacts of COVID-19 on our food systems and look at how we move forward quickly to build resilience. We also look to celebrate the role food systems play in delivering good food for all as we build towards the 2021 UN Food Systems Summit.
Time & date: 9 April at 10am EDT/ 3pm BST/ 4pm CAT
Focus: Impact of COVID-19 on food systems
2. How does the disruption that we’re seeing in many parts of the world highlight the fragility of our current food systems?
3. How can we build resilience now, and how can we ensure that future food systems are inclusive and beneficial to the most vulnerable?
4. What are 3 key lessons from the COVID-19 challenge?
5. From local food producers to kitchen gardens to shelved goods, how can we ensure food is accessible, affordable & available for all? #LeaveNoOneBehind
6. At the centre of all celebrations is #food. How will we engage with food differently post - COVID-19?
7. How is UN Food Systems Summit 2021 providing an opportunity to “build back better” and what is one key outcome? What role for food system stakeholders?